Friday, May 19, 2017

Full Steam Ahead.

 I had a lovely Mother's Day visit with my youngest DD and her lovely husband and it also gave me the chance to give her her quilt. She was totally surprised and very emotional about it. Thankfully I made it how she had imagined it and used the correct Cat photo.
     Now that huge project is finished it's time to get some more gift quilts finished and ready for donation.
 I added borders to this purple one to make it larger and I think it looks more finished.
 These 4 tops were all made by members of my Melbourne quilting group and it's great to be clearing the cupboards of some of the tops that have been waiting for quilting.
It's been a busy week but it's great to have time for some quilting and I'm also cutting scraps up into different sized squares so I have a stack of them ready for another donation quilt.
Hugs, Jan Mac

3 comments:

margaret said...

some real beauties here you have been busy with your quilting.

Linda said...

So pleased your daughter loved her quilt. What a lovely gift. The donation ones ar great. The first yellow one is brilliant!

Maria said...

Your daughters quilt is gorgeous, sew nice you could finish something of your own.
Great quilts ready for donating...
Jan I have a couple of completed Quilts for you but not sure where to send them ??