Friday, December 4, 2015

Becoming More Productive.

 It's good to feel well enough to sew again and able to finish quilts for Christmas as gifts for the needy. Having a supply of donated QAYG blocks means that I can spend more time making them into quilts. I'm trying to get some more made for Impact, which is a non profit organization which helps rescue women and children from domestic violence. It's shameful that so many women are affected by this when we all expect to feel safe in our own homes.
     I found a cheater panel which I added borders to and it made another pretty quilt to donate. I also met up with Lesley L. From Kyabram and she dropped off another large pile of QAYG blocks from Bev of Rochester. Thank you so much for the blocks ladies. I'll get them made into quilts ASAP.
I've been thinking about starting to post the photos on my other blog, Oz Comfort Quilts, as it looks like I can't stop making and donating quilts. I took a short break but it's hard to completely stop from making quilts to donate so whenever you gave time and scraps to make the QAYG blocks, I'll be happy to make them into donation quilts.
Hugs, Jan Mac




3 comments:

Michele Bilyeu said...

oh, yes! I do so long string quilts, I love cheater panels, I love anything that helps get more quilts into the hearts and hands of others! I also have a family member who helps those in these horrible living conditions. Look at how wonderful you are and all that you do. I have long loved your spirit of giving. Its lovely!! hugs hugs hugs to you my dear kindred spirit across the big pond!

Marijke said...

youv,e been bussy Jan .love all the quilts.have a nice weekend .hugs Marijke

Linda said...

Very excited, I think I spy some of my donated QAYG blocks in the second quilt. So glad you could use them in your good work.