Saturday, November 28, 2015

The Last Block.

 I've finished stitching the last block for my Chester County Criswell quilt. This was one of the early blocks and it's great to finally have all 33 of them finished. I have them laid out on the design floor while I rearrange them so the green ones are evenly dispersed. I'm sure that I will find an error as soon as I have them stitched together. The blocks are 10 inches finished as I didn't want a lot of negative space between the blocks. I'm thinking of adding a plain border, using the same fabric as the centre block. I will be machine quilting it as soon as I'm feeling up to the task.
    I hope to have a better photo of the top soon as the daylight was fading when I took the photo. It's a bit frustrating to have time to do things but no energy but I'll just have to be patient.
Hugs, Jan Mac


3 comments:

Marijke said...

Beautiful Jan .I sorted out the fabric for this quilt .
So I will start with the quilt/
hugs Marijke

Sharon~Two Bits Patches said...

Love it. Will you have it quilted for the Castlemaine show in March?

Jan Mac said...

Yes I'm planning on having it finished for our CAG exhibition in March next year.