Friday, November 21, 2014

Mary Koval's Antique Quilts At Houston

I was really pleased to see that Mary and Joe Koval also had a display of some of their beautiful antique quilts. It was wonderful to be able to see the detail up close and as usual the applique quilts were my favourites for all their stunning detail.




This fabulous Tree of Life panel is being reproduced by Mary and will be on sale early next year. The colours were beautiful and I just wish I could have taken a better photo.






Isn't this a cute 1930s quilt.
I didn't even get to see all of the displays at the IQF but I did spend lots of time with the displays that made my heart beat faster. It was such a joy to see so many fabulous quilts from around the world and if you get the chance to attend this wonderful event you will be sure to enjoy it.
Hugs, Jan Mac

2 comments:

Marijke said...

What amazing quilts.
thanks Jan

Every Stitch said...

Oh my! what an inspiration these are! thanks for all the close ups - such interesting motifs in the applique.