Thursday, October 2, 2014

A Special Event

This week I was very lucky to attend a 2 day workshop with Brenda Papadakis of Dear Jane fame. she taught back basting applique and she is a lovely teacher and story-teller so we had a lovely time.
 One of the students had brought along their Dear Jane to share.
 The project we worked on was called Gracie's Garden and will make a lovely centre piece for a quilt or a small wall hanging.
 Someone brought along their Mrs Billings quilt.
 More fabulous quilts were shown, including a Baltimore top.
 We also saw Linda's fabulous wall of quilts as the workshops were held by Linda at Quilts in the Barn.

 Some Lucy Boston Patchwork of the Crosses blocks were shared as well as a very striking quilt made in reds and creams.
 It was a lovely relaxing couple of days and I'm home to work some more nights again. I'm very lucky though as I have 2 more days of a Dear Jane workshop to look forward to next week. In the meantime there's work to be done here. There's still a few places left in the classes I think so contact Linda if you would like to join in with the fun.
Hugs, Jan Mac

4 comments:

margaret said...

such inspiration to see a Dear Jane completed, I have the book but seem unable to work out how to make the blocks!

Sharon~Two Bits Patches said...

Thank you for the photos Jan - I'm not at either workshop but I will be at Quilts in the Barn on Friday - hooray!

Carole~Quilter on the hill said...

Oh yes, so special! I was lucky enough to attend Brenda's Dear Jane workshop last weekend - you're really going to enjoy that one too 😃 thanks for sharing all the great show and tell.

Lenora said...

Hi Jan, great to discover that your blog! It was a fabulous two days, I enjoyed it immensely. I have now been able to see the dress alterations you were talking about, that silver dress is stunning. Congrats! Look forward to keeping up with what you are working on. Lenora x.