Thursday, July 24, 2014

Somethings Old, Something New.

 I've been getting things ready for our next trip as well as finishing off more night shifts. I'd love to take some applique with me but I haven't had time to do the prep. I did manage to finish the needle turn applique on another Chester County Criswell block and will hopefully have time to get another one done soon.
  We spent the night at the local hospital as DH's kidney stone was on the move again. The oral analgesic, although strong, wasn't working so he needed injections and also a CT. We won't be able to leave until the stone passes and as we were planning on leaving Sunday, it may mean we have to delay for a few days.
 This is another block for my Patchwork of the Crosses project. I have completed 6 now and I'm hand-piecing them, although I also have papers for these shapes and could use the English paper piecing method. I find it's a nice change to hand piece instead of stitching over papers as I have several other projects using papers.
 I also saw a really nice quilt using these honeycomb shapes and I'm using the leftovers from the Patchwork of the Crosses blocks. The pattern has different names but I have seen it as Kansas Dugout and it's another good way to use up scraps. The edges of the honeycombs are 1 inch and the neutral squares are also 1 inch in size along the edge. This will be a good project to take- along while we travel as well.
  Hopefully DH will soon be well again and we will be able to head for warmer weather up north.
Hugs, Jan Mac

1 comment:

Carole~Quilter on the hill said...

Sorry to hear about your husband, hope all is well soon and you can still enjoy your trip. I love the fabrics you are using for your CCCQ you are really catching up.