Tuesday, March 11, 2014

It's Finished and a Break.

 It's not a great photo but it is the only one I have of my finished Mrs Williams quilt. The label was stitched while we traveled to Castlemaine to deliver the quilt on Friday, after getting up early to stitch the hanging sleeve. What a relief it is to be finished, although the quilting isn't great as I need lots more practice with my free motion quilting on my domestic sewing machine. We dropped the quilt off on our way to Colac for a weekend of camping with other Active Camper owners.

 The weather was lovely and we took in some of the local sights.
 I also made time for some more hand stitching of hexagon flowers.
 This morning I got my Elizabeth's Legacy quilt out to finish it as I have entered it in a quilt exhibition of my Melbourne quilt group on the weekend of April 5th and 6th. I have 3 more rounds to complete and then the pattern has larger pieces. I'm modifying my version and using modern fabrics from Lessa Chandler's fabric range of Australian wildflowers so mine will be very different to the quilts of other members who have mostly used reproduction fabrics. I think 15 of us expect/hope to enter our finished quilts so we hope it's a lovely display of quilts to share.
 Time to get back to the machine again. Thanks for stopping by.
Hugs, Jan Mac

8 comments:

margaret said...

good to see you have the quilt finished, very nice too. Trust you get the hexie one complete in time for the show in Melboutrne

Marijke said...

Lovely quilt Jan .
wish you a nice short holiday.
looks lovely there .

with love Marijke

Maria said...

The quilt looks fabulous Jan. What a lucky recipient..
Nice photos of your trip too.

Michele Hill said...

Love, love your quilt Jan!~ Can't wait to see it in person……so looking forward to seeing this show in Castlemaine, hugs, Michele x

Sharon~Two Bits Patches said...

Your Mrs. Williams is lovely, it is so tempting... I can't make it to Castlemaine this weekend, hope the show goes well.

Ann in NZ. said...

Congratulations. Your quilt is beautiful , I so wish I could be in Castelmaine to see the exhibition, it will be fabulous. Ann.

Dawn said...

Great finish! Lovely area for camping too.

Carole~Quilter on the hill said...

Congratulations! Looking forward to seeing your beautiful quilt in Castlemaine.