Monday, January 6, 2014

Sunday Sewing and an Outing.

 Last night I put the last applique stitches in my Tribute to Mrs Williams quilt. Now I plan to start putting it together today with all the separate blocks and borders. Maria I won as DH was too tired to be bothered going camping too!!
 I added more features to the flowers by adding circles to all the flowers to give them a bit more definition. Would you believe that I have misplaced the pattern for these two triangles? That's a problem when you work on too many things at once and take too long to complete a quilt. I was determined to "get it done" so I photocopied the instruction sheet with its smaller photo. Then I enlarged it on the photocopy until it was large enough. Some of the templates were the same for all four triangles so it wasn't too hard to get the size right. Some of the pieces may be a slight bit smaller than the pattern but no one will know but me and at least it's done!
 Yesterday we also attended my sister's 40th wedding anniversary. We had a lovely lunch at a winery near Nagambie and then took a lovely boat ride around the wetlands. It was a lovely way to spend the day, catching up with family again.
Now it's time to tackle Mrs Williams!
Thanks for stopping by.
Hugs, Jan Mac

No comments: