Sunday, January 12, 2014

A Big Finish

 I have finally finished my Tribute to Mrs Williams quilt top, which is a reproduction of a quilt made in the 1800s. the pattern is by Corliss of Threadbear. It's a large quilt and the first one I've done for me for about 15 years or more. It could have been finished much quicker if I had just focused on one quilt at a time.
 It's hard to get a good photo but this is the completed top. I had made the outer triangles at 2.5 inches instead of 3", which wasn't a problem as they still fit the measurements of the top and I had made extras so had more than I needed. I want to pin baste it so I can start quilting it but it's too hot at the moment so I'll work on some more hand stitching.
Last night I finished two blocks for the next quilt. I think I'll call this one "Hearts Desire". DH loves the colours and it's good to have one he likes. These are his favourite colours. Now I plan to prepare some more blocks and get this one done soon so I can have it shown at our exhibition in mid March.
 Thanks for all your lovely encouraging comments.
Hugs, Jan Mac

7 comments:

Kathleen said...

oh my, those are just gorgeous, Jan! What beautiful work. Kate

jacaranda said...

What a stunning quilt Jan, congratulations on making something just for you.

Sharon~Two Bits Patches said...

It looks fabulous Jan, you must be pleased.

Every Stitch said...

Congratulations on finishing the top - it is just stunning!!
Hilda

scraphappy said...

Huge finish! Congratulations. Glad you will keep this one for you. Some quilts are too pretty to give away.

Sue SA said...

Congratulations, lots of work in this quilt!

Carole~Quilter on the hill said...

Congratulations on the beautiful Tribute to Mrs Williams - definitely a keeper. Also love the red and green Hearts Desire blocks.