Saturday, December 14, 2013

I Have a Plan

 I'm catching up on the housework and the washing and I am finished up with the donation quilts for this year so now it's time to focus on some of my quilt projects. I have two quilt exhibitions early next year for two of my quilting groups. Therefore I need to get some finishes so I can participate. The first exhibition is for my Applique Group and will be held on 15th and 16th of March. I have decided to finish two quilts which are mainly appliqued for this exhibition. My first choice is A Tribute to Mrs Williams. I have made lots of the parts of this quilt but haven't started to put it together yet.
 I have half appliqued the centre block and two of the large triangles, as well as finishing the appliqued hexagon flower blocks- 4 of them. I've made 3 of the Ohio Star blocks and I need 16. The 8 hand appliqued petal blocks are finished and I have made 16 of the Square in a Square blocks, of which I need 32. I am working on the China Plate blocks now. I had pieced 4 of them, of which 3 were reverse appliqued to their background. I didn't like the accuracy for the fine points so I have started hand appliqueing a fussy-cut flower circle over the middle of the circle.
 I started yesterday afternoon and have pieced 8 of the China Plate blocks and appliqued 7 of them to their background. Four since yesterday so I'm going well so far.  I also needed 128 half square triangles which finish to 2.5" in size and I have made 88 of them last night. I plan to get the rest of them finished tonight as well as more of the China Plate blocks.
I've included a photo of the pattern so you can see what I am talking about. I have a plan to finish 3 quilts for the two exhibitions, 2 for mid March and another 1 for April. I need to focus on just these quilts as they are still in the early stages so I will pack away my other projects and focus on a finish. Time will tell if I have bitten off more than I can chew!
 Wish me luck. I'll keep you updated on my progress.
Hugs, Jan Mac

No comments: