Saturday, September 28, 2013

An Early Start

 I really wanted to get some more tops quilted today so I started early and finished 4 before the AFL football Grand Final started. I think uncovering more scraps meant I was prompted to get moving on the tops so I can work my way through the scraps. The first quilt is a QAYG made from donated blocks.
 I made this Square in a Square block as I had a stack of uninspiring nine patch blocks I needed to use up. Placing the blue triangles around the nine patches made it look a bit more interesting.
 This is made from Bonnie Hunter's free pattern, String X. The pattern is on Bonnie's blog at Quiltville and it's a great way to use up shorter scraps.
This was another donated top which was easy to quilt up. The colours are much brighter than the photos suggest and hopefully they'll warm some hearts for Christmas.
I plan to get some more done this evening so I may have to focus on cutting up the scraps this time to give my shoulders a break, and quilt some more tomorrow.
 Hugs, Jan Mac

2 comments:

Ulla said...

Your new scrappy patterns are a great inspiration.

Jan Mac said...

Thanks Ulla. I've been enjoying seeing your photos of London.