Sunday, June 16, 2013

Applique Fun

 Yesterday was the meeting day for my applique group which is always fun as it gives us a chance to catch up with applique- addicts from around the State. Of course there is always some stitching to be done as well as some eating and of course some shopping.
I took a few photos of Show and Tell and the first photo is of A Tribute to Mrs Williams. It is a lovely pattern and I'm looking forward to getting mine finished. I've packed it all away today as I need to focus on packing for our trip as well as a lot working a lot more nights before we leave.
 The second photo is of a New York Beauty quilt and the third is one of Kim McLean's Springs and Stars pattern. They were all much brighter than the photos indicate and it's always inspiring to see beautiful quilts finished by group members.
   No stitching today but I did get quite a lot done on my new project yesterday. I was going to take it with me on our travels but I have changed my mind yet again and will take some English Paper Piecing with 1930s repros instead. That should be my final decision but time will tell. lol!
Hugs, Jan Mac

 

3 comments:

Maria said...

What absolutely beautiful show n tell.
Paper piecing will be good project to take along on your holiday.

Michele Bilyeu said...

Beautiful beautiful quilts! And being able to sew with friends and see what everyone has been making is wonderful! I'm so glad you are doing a bit more for you after doing so much for others for so very long! Everything you do is wonderful!

Jan Mac said...

Thanks for your kind comments Maria and Michele. Seeing other people's inspiring work always encourages me to work harder and stitch more.
Hugs, Jan