Sunday, February 10, 2013

Sunday Progress

 Today was a day of baby sitting and some time for hand stitching so I thought I'd show my progress with the Sunflower blocks. I've made 15 so far and plan to make 20 or 25 instead of the 13 as the pattern stated. As I usually do, I have changed the pattern as I am enjoying the piecing so much. I have only hand appliqued the flower centres to 5 of the blocks so today I'm also preparing the centres for the rest of the blocks. Then I want to pin them to the design wall and see how many more I need in each colour-way. They do look very different with the larger piece of fabric in the centre and I want a balanced appearance colour-wise. The Sunflower quilt is evolving and I have started piecing a border to complement the blocks but haven't got a firm measurement of that yet.
 I've also made a good start on the baby boy quilt and plan to get that one done this week in between working nights. Check back soon as I plan to have more to show very soon. I think I also need to re-commence cross stitch Tuesday as I have cross stitch projects I want to get finished too.
Thanks for stopping by.
Hugs, Jan Mac


2 comments:

Maria said...

Love both quilts Jan!So colourful :-)

Sue SA said...

Awesome boys quilt, you have inspired me as I wanted to use up some of my novelty stash and this zig zag pattern has been on my to do list as well! WHat a great combo, so fun and great colours.