Sunday, February 24, 2013

Back Into Production

 We came home late last night to avoid the continual rain and threatened floods and when we heard about the flood waters which  would have been on our way home, we were very grateful that we had decided to leave. Unfortunately it's now 41.5 degrees (107F)  back here at home so the change in temperature has been quite dramatic. The good news is that it's great weather for drying the washing outside.
   We enjoyed our short break away despite the rain and took the opportunity to see some of the sights around Armidale. The sunset on our drive home last night was lovely and it was of course lovely to be home again.
Thank you all so much for your kind words and well wishes on my milestone birthday. Now we are back I have more night shifts to work and I want to get some more quilts finished to donate. I was going to have a break from crocheting squares for blankets for the needy, while we were away, but I caved and bought more yarn and a crochet hook as I found I kept dozing off in the car without something to do. I can crochet without looking at what I am doing for most of the time so I don't get car-sick which is a bonus way to make use of the time spent in the car. I only need 4 more squares to complete a blanket so now that all the washing is hanging on the line I plan to spend some time in the air conditioned comfort and finish off another blanket.
  I hope you all have a restful weekend doing what you love too.
Hugs, Jan Mac



No comments: