Friday, November 23, 2012

A Week of Ups and Downs

 This week has been mainly taken up with paid work and as it is all night duty there has been a lot of sleeping happening. I did manage to finish stitching the yellow buttons on the tulip top and then when I washed it the dye ran and ran. I managed to remove the excess dye but the dark green fabric has mainly shredded and as this was the main offender with the dye run it is a bit of a disaster. I have out it away as more repairs will be needed now.
Some success was made with two other projects when I also stitched the binding on my 1940s Stars quilt and I have almost finished that. I've also trimmed down the embroidered flower blocks to remove the tatty pieces and now it's being remade into a smaller quilt with a new border.
  I'm off to work nights again for the next few nights so there won;t be much stitching happening then either. I'm looking forward to a break from paid work so I can work on more stitching projects, but it does pay the bills. lol
Hugs, Jan Mac


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your quilts are all so beautiful. I love that you are giving these old quilts z chance at a new life.

Peta

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.