Saturday, October 6, 2012

The Quilted Crow Girls at Quilts in the Barn

 Leonie and Deirdre, the Quilted Crow Girls are very talented quilt designers who have their own quilt shop in Tasmania, and they were at the Quilts in the Barn quilt show this weekend. They have just brought out their first book which I snapped up and had them autograph for me. They also had many yummy reproduction fabrics as well as more patterns which combine beautiful applique with precision piecing. I am collecting red reproduction fabrics at the moment and found some to add to my pile for a quilt to be started in the future.
 Here's a couple more fabulous red and white quilts to inspire you and the last one is Pickle Dish made by Chris Serong and I think I may have to add this pattern to the "to be made" pile. I am over 1/4 way through my Joseph's Coat quilt top is just 2 weeks so I'm really enjoying piecing this one and will show more photos tomorrow. We are heading off to Western Australia in a week or so so I am getting my hand sewing ready to take. You know you're a quilter when you spend ages getting projects ready to take when you travel, and then just throw some clothes into the suitcase at the last moment.
 It's been pouring rain all day so it's a lovely day to be stitching inside. I hope you are all getting some time to stitch too.
Hugs, Jan Mac


2 comments:

Sue SA said...

Thanks for the photos, stunning quilts wish I could have seen them in person. LOL I know the feeling, l always prep a project to take in the car when we drive to Vic, have a great holiday....plenty of patchwork shops on the way!

Mary said...

Fab quilts. Love the pickledish especially. Wish I could see these quilts in person but I am in the US.