Friday, October 5, 2012

Don't Miss It! Quilts in the Barn

 The Quilts in the Barn Show of fabulous red and white quilts is on today, tomorrow and Sunday. For anyone within travel distance you really have to make the trip and it is on the outskirts of Melbourne (Vic, Australia). The spring weather was very kind when i visited today and I was really happy that I took the time to travel down to see the show. There are lovely commemorative pins to buy ( you can choose from two) and I think they were selling quickly. You can buy lunch and morning or afternoon tea too and I had a lovely time chatting with a friend of Linda's who came all the way from Norway.
 There was even the opportunity to buy some lovely goodies from the Quilted Crow Girls who brought their shop (or at least some of their lovely wares) all the way from Tasmania. Mary Koval from the US was also displaying and selling some antique fabric and quilts and they were  beautifully displayed too.
  As for the quilts, I think Linda of Quilts in the Barn must have been dreaming of red and white quilts all year as she had a large number on display as well as some from other quilters. These are just a few of the quilts on display and the photos don't do them justice. I'll add some more here tomorrow but if you can make it to the show I can certainly recommend it. The first quilt on this page is an original design but I was remiss in writing down the details of the maker. I'm sure that Linda will also post photos on her blog when she recovers from her very big weekend of fundraising for breast cancer research- which is the purpose of her commencing this yearly quilt show of fabulous quilts. I did ask Linda's permission in sharing these photos and she very generously agreed.
I hope you all have a lovely weekend and I plan to get some more stitching done before I work night shifts again.
Hugs, Jan Mac




No comments: