Sunday, October 14, 2012

Applique Delight

 Yesterday was the day for my Applique Group meeting and I just love to go as I am always inspired by seeing the work of these talented quilters. Faye Cunningham (one of the winners of the Rajah Prize) is a well known quilter and teacher and she gave a talk about her quilt designing and showed just a small number of some of her quilts. She showed these first 2 quilts which she bought from the US. The dresen plate was quilted and she quilted the star top. Both are from the 1930s and are beautiful. I love quilts from this era and have several tops I need to quilt and finish too.
 The last two photos show some of the quilts from our Show and Tell. I took my Joseph's Coat with Buttons piecing and can't believe how quickly it is coming together and how enjoyable it is to piece. I will have more photos of progress very soon. I also finished off another QAYG quilt this morning so there will soon be photos on my other blog too.
Hope you're enjoying some stitching time too.
Hugs, Jan Mac





3 comments:

FeatherDuster said...

Such pretty quilts...especially that last one with the pink sashing :-)

Jan Mac said...

Yes the last photo is of a Di Ford design. I think known as Antique Wedding Quilt.

Ginny from SB said...

What gorgeous quilts!