Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Donations and Piles of Quilts

I've been busy quilting donated tops for the past two days and now I have a pile of quilts to bind. I've also been busy measuring tops and backings to find the right sizes I need and will also be piecing more backings soon. The cold nights mean that more people will need quilts and as I can quilt a top more quickly than I can make a QAYG quilt, I'm concentrating on getting more tops finished for the next delivery.
I also received a lovely parcel of log cabin blocks and star blocks from Liz Mayock in the UK. They are lovely sets of blocks and will make some lovely quilts.
I also received another set of 35 QAYG blocks, fabric for sashing strips and some lovely yarn to make into beanies and blankets, from Penel Bigg (NSW). All of these donations make it easier for me to get quilts and blankets finished and people warm. I plan to quilt more tops tomorrow and will fit the binding in soon so I'll have more photos of quilts to show on my other blog very soon.
Many thanks for all your generous donations.
Hugs, Jan Mac

No comments: