Monday, February 14, 2011

Monday's Mail Delivery

The postman has been very busy with deliveries today and I've been busy finishing off quilts which are shown on my other blog.
Margaret Clancy who is currently living in Port Morseby (New Guinea) has very kindly sent 11 beautiful QAYG blocks and she plans to make some more when she is able to return to Qld to pick up more supplies. Shirley Earles from New Zealand sent 6 lovely QAYG blocks and an anonymous donor from New Zealand sent 2 quilt tops, many orphan blocks as well as some lovely fabric for more quilts.









Kelly Hamlyn- Harris (Vic) has again been very busy and she has sent 5 lovely QAYG blocks as well as a large amount of binding. Ros Bush (Qld) has sent 12 lovely QAYG blocks and Lesley Gillespie from the UK sent 3 beautiful quilt tops and one set of matching binding. Jan Skipper from New Zealand sent 20 lovely QAYG blocks as well as more fabric strips and a large box came from a group called, Material Women. They are from WA and they sent 73 lovely QAYG blocks as well as binding.

All of the donations are very gratefully received and the pile of quilts is mounting so I hope to deliver more this week. I've been hearing about many of the smaller communities in Qld who seem to have been forgotten despite losing 80 to 100% of their possessions. I'm planning to post more quilts up there but if anyone has contacts with a courier or transport company who could help with delivering a larger number of quilts please let me know. The quilt blocks and tops you've donated are all beautiful and will make some fabulous quilts to bring comfort.
Many, many thanks again, Jan Mac

1 comment:

Cat said...

Hi Jan - I am the anonymous donor from New Zealand who sent 2 quilt tops, many orphan blocks as well as some lovely fabric for more quilts. - sorry I did not realize I didn't leave a note or card?! I was sure I had written a card? Anyway so glad to see they have arrived. A lot of the blocks were made from woman all around the world when I was collecting orphan blocks for "Quilts For Christchurch's Children" - which you will find on my blog. These were the left overs.
So glad they arrived.
Cat