Tuesday, August 10, 2010

It's Good To Be Home

We had a great trip but decided to come home after being on the road for almost 8 weeks. We are still planning to spend 2 weeks in Sth Australia in Sept but thought we'd enjoy it more if we come home first. It's been lovely to be home again and living in a house with heating instead of in our camping trailer.
We awoke to heavy rain last night and then this evening we had a hail storm so we're getting some extremes of weather.
I finished off another QAYG quilt yesterday and today I found some donated blocks and bits and pieces to make a top. I spent some time putting them together to make a top and now I'm looking for some fabric in my stash which will be suitable for borders and a binding. I also managed to quilt 4 tops which I'll bind and photograph tomorrow. I'll show the photos on my other blog at Oz Comfort quilts.
I've missed my quilting and it's lovely to be making progress again, especially as there will be a demand for quilts to be donated to the survivors of the floods in Pakistan. The news reports have indicated that millions will be affected and are homeless in a very severe climate.
I'll write more about the quilts I'm finishing and how many I will be sending there.
Until later.
Hugs Jan Mac


4 comments:

Maria said...

Nice to hear you are both home safe.
Has not taken you long to get back in the swing of stitching Jan.

Amy said...

always, always one of my favorite block layouts using the buckeye-beauty units. Glad you are glad to be home :0)

kaiteM said...

good that you're home safely...k.

Erika Mulvenna said...

Wonderful that you are thinking of those in Pakistan that will need help! Have you also found the Sew to Serve page at www.WeAllSew.com? It's a whole list of charities that need help from sewers and quilters to help others!