Friday, January 15, 2010

Heat Wave Over.. and Now Quilting

We had temps of 112F (44.5C) plus for four days at the start of the week and apart from my paid job I didn't get much done unless it could be done in front of air conditioning. Thank goodness that's gone for now and there were no bush fires here as we were warned it was a catastrophic fire warning day. I did manage to finish one crocheted blanket and I have almost made enough squares for another one, as well as crocheting 4 more scarves for Pine Ridge, with wool from my Magic Cupboard. I finally got 4 more quilts finished from tops and I started another UFO of mine which is shown here. When Ray had surgery for cancer in June, lovely quilters from my online group sent him hearts in balck and red for his favourite football team- Essendon. I've started to put them together and will show more photos soon.
I was also told that I had been nominated as a generous crafter on the blog- Sew Mama Sew. Fifteen of us were nominated by many blog readers so thank you to all who voted. Three of us in the final fifteen had all worked together to make quilts for the bush fire appeal here in Victoria. The other two lovely quilters are Tia, (Camp Follower Bags) who was based at Alice Springs at the time of the fires and she made quilts from hundreds of star blocks donated from around the world. Tia is now back in the US. Mary (Heartstrings) was also nominated and she organized and sent me 3 hugs boxes of QAYG blocks from quilters in the US.
So I was very happy that we were all able to work together for such a good cause. I'm now getting a shipment of quilts ready for areas devastated by earthquakes. Take care. Jan Mac

3 comments:

kaiteM said...

How good, you've finally found some spare time to put Ray's quilt together. He'll be pleased. K.

Unknown said...

The squares full of love looks very sweet and lovely to me.It is good to have enough work done so that there is no pressure to meet targets in the mind...I believe this art of handwork can be done too much when not relaxed.

quilt

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.