Sunday, December 20, 2009

Getting Ready...

Well Christmas is fast approaching and I've managed to reclaim the house from the Quilt Invasion. We've sent off all the boxes of rice bags etc and I'm taking a break from making large quilts during the hot weather.
I've been spending time on more hand work and have finished my third block of the Civil War Bride quilt. I'm really enjoying my applique again and plan to prep another block tomorrow.
Our youngest DD has arrived home for the holidays and we've saved putting up and decorating the Christmas tree for her as it's her job each year. I did hang up this wall hanging which is about 15 years old. I won the blocks in a draw at a local quilt shop and am surprised at how my tastes have changed since then. Now I would have used a red and green print for a border and a different fabric for the setting triangles. Anyway it still says It's Christmas!!
Hugs Jan Mac

1 comment:

Michele Bilyeu said...

It says 'Christmas', and it's says you, and how you fit one more thing in, each time you sew. It's really lovely, as it is.

And best of all,it shows the light you have lit in your heart for others, and the candle your spirit lights each and every time you share and give!

I'm so so glad your reclaimed some space and time for yourself! Have a wonderful holiday season!