Saturday, June 20, 2009

A Surprise Find


I bought the New Zealand Quilter magazine last week and was very pleased to find an article about the wonderful response of New Zealand's quilters to making quilts for the Victorian bushfire appeal. They have made and sent quilts to the Victorian Quilters' Guild in Melbourne, to be distributed by them.
I was very surprised to find my name and blog details at http://ozcomfortquilts.blogspot.com listed at the end of the article as a contact to also send quilts to be distributed to the people affected by the tragic bush fires.
I wasn't aware that this news had also reached New Zealand but I do want to sincerely thank whoever wrote the article and reached more quilters about the ongoing need for more quilts. Yes we have given out a lot already but there are still many more who have yet to receive a quilt. I've spent today putting a queen sized quilt together from the blocks sent by the Heartstrings members from the USA and have taken a break to give my shoulders and neck a rest. Tomorrow I'll try to show a photo of more finished quilts on the other blog.
Once again a big thank you to everyone who has passed the word along via blogs and the internet, as the huge response is as a result of this information getting out to people who care enough to help.
Hugs to all.
Jan Mac

1 comment:

kaiteM said...

Good news travels far and wide Jan, maybe it's happened via SCQs.
And that beret/beanie for CB is half done already, red, white and black! Kt.