Thursday, June 18, 2009

Ocean Theme

I've spent the last few days putting more QAYG quilts together and I'll post photos on my other blog soon. Today I decided to get busy making a quilt with an ocean theme for two young men who survived the bush fires.
I was given a panel of whales and dolphins but decided to make it bigger by making a "piano keys" border in blues. I wanted them to be a bit more special and I need to make another one which will be similar but different as the men they I am making them for are brothers.
I hope they appreciate my attempt to make them a quilt which is specific for their interests. I'll work on the other one tomorrow and then get them quilted. I have less panels for the next quilt so I plan to piece more blocks to match with them. I also have been sorting through my fabric scraps for more blues to make the next quilt and it's surprising how many blues I have which were suitable for males. Luckily many of them were donated so I was able to get a lot of variety for the strings.
More tomorrow.
Hugs, Jan Mac

2 comments:

kaiteM said...

hi Jan, that fabric i sent you with ropes and knots on it would be ideal for this project. Very nautical. K.

quiltsbylee said...

Beautiful as always.

I wanted to let you know that I have given you the Kreative Blogger award! Check out my blog for more details!
http://quiltsbylee.blogspot.com/