Sunday, October 26, 2008

Sunday in Maubisse continued





There are two mass services at the cathedral on Sundays. The first is at 6 or 6.30 and and the second is at 8.30am. The service lasts for about 90 mins and the singing was beautiful. The cathedral is the focal point of the town and is opposite the bakery. The view of the outside of the cathedral may give some indication of the steep hill I had to climb to go to the town clinic and to visit the nuns for lunch. The top view is from the cathedral overlooking the hospital (with the green roofs) and looking down to where I was staying. I was very glad that I'd lost weight and had been working out at the gym before I went and yet I was still out of breathe after climbing up to the town centre. I'd better keep up the exercise before I go back.

No comments: